Monday, October 1, 2012

Gazpacho Soup

 I have been getting bored with food lately. So I asked Steve what to do.  He told me that we should eat more RAW!! With a little research I was able to discover gazpacho and I made this  recipe. It's fresh and yummy!

Ingredients
2-3 medium tomatoes
1/2c. fresh corn kernels
1-2 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 cucumber, seeded, peeled and chopped
1/4c. zucchini, peeled and chopped
1 celery, chopped
1/3c. sweet onion, chopped
2-4Tb fresh lime juice
2c. low sodium tomato juice
2TB fresh parsley
1TB basil
1/4tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
2 garlic clove
1tsp olive oil
3-4TB. red wine vinegar
Directions:
In a blender or food processor add the tomatoes, peppers, cucumber, garlic cloves, lime juice, tomato juice, olive oil and herbs.  Blend until smooth.  Then add the vinegar, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper to taste.  Chill for a couple hours so the flavors can blend and infuse.  You can even let it sit overnight.  Serve with avocado, parsley, corn kernels and chopped up bell peppers and carrots.








No comments:

Post a Comment