Tuesday, October 9, 2012

The Salt and Vinegar Challenge


I have been on a vinegar kick because it's delicious and have been dying to make salt and vinegar chips. I tried a recipe called zucchini chips and that failed.  So I went to see what Oh She Glows blog was cooking. I found a recipe that was a success.
"homemade salt and vinegar chips"

4-5c. of white vinegar
4-5 medium potatoes
1tsp sea salt
1tsp pepper
2tsp. olive oil
1lb fresh green beans

Wash and slice the potatoes in 1/4in. round.  Wash and trim the green beans. Place in a large pot and cover with the vinegar. Bring to a boil and then turn it to medium heat for 5 min. Remove from heat. Let it stand for 30min. Preheat oven to 425F. On a greased baking sheet lay just the potato rounds flat and drizzle the olive and top with salt and pepper.  Bake for 30min. Flip the potatoes carefully and place the green beans on top and drizzle more olive oil and salt and cook for another 10-15min.








1 comment: