Monday, February 6, 2012

The Favorite Vegan Alfredo

If you haven't heard about Oh She Glows learn about this blog now! It's a vegan blog by Angela Liddon and I find so many delicious recipes on her site!  Look it up ohsheglows.com

by Angela Liddon
Ingredients (4 servings)
  • Pasta, of your choice (I used brown rice shells)
  • 1/3 heaping cup raw cashews
  • 1 garlic clove
  • 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
  • 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp almond milk
  • 1 tbsp lemon juice
  • 2 tbsp non-dairy butter (I used Soy-free Earth Balance)
  • 2 tsp organic Tamari soy sauce, or to taste
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1 tbsp Tahini (sesame seed paste)
  • Pinch of nutmeg
  • Kosher salt, to taste (I used 1/4-1/2 tsp I think)
  • 1/2 tsp Paprika, to taste
  • Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
  • Herbs or veggies to add into Alfredo, if desired (I used Broccoli, Peas, and Spinach)
Instructions
  • Cook your pasta until al dente (about 7-8 minutes) and then drain, and rinse with cold water.
  • While the pasta is cooking, make the sauce: Add all ingredients except pasta into a blender and blend until smooth.
  • Add the drained pasta back into the pot and pour on your desired amount of sauce into the pot. Heat over medium stirring frequently. Add in vegetables if you desire and cook until heated through.
  • http://ohsheglows.com/recipage/?recipe_id=6002019

No comments:

Post a Comment