SNOW!
I found many delicious Butternut Curry Lentil Soup Recipes online and I just adapted them to the ingredients I could find around the kitchen.
These are the recipes I read:
This is the method I used:
Ingredients:
1 sweet onion, diced
2 carrots, chopped
1 celery, diced
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1TB olive oil
1 Butternut Squash (using 3 cups)
1c. brown lentils
5c. water
1TB (heaping) vegetable base
1TB curry powder
1/2tsp. ginger powder
1c. frozen peas
Directions:
1.Preheat the oven to 425F. Peel and cube the butternut squash and place in a baking dish. Drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper over the butternut squash and bake for 45-50min.
2. In a soup pot pour in the olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic for 5min then add the curry powder, ginger, carrots and celery for another 2-3min.
3. Add the lentils then the water and vegetable base. Bring it to a boil and cook for 15min.
4. Add 3c. of the cubed butternut squash and the frozen peas and cook for another 8-10 min or until at a desired consistency.




I definitely want to see you guys. Even if I have to pack up Otsy and drive to Grants Pass.
ReplyDelete