Monday, May 21, 2012

Raw Chocolate Pie

Steve and I went to Portland and couch surfed at a house that practices communal living and one of the wonderful ladies there made us a raw chocolate avocado pie that was so yummy I wanted to make it again!! So I found a recipe:http://www.foodnetwork.ca/recipes/Rice/Grain/recipe.html?dishid=8838


Raw Chocolate Avocado Pie

The crust:
1 cups almonds (soaked for 10 hours)
1 cups pitted medjool dates (soaked for 10 hours)
1/2 ripe banana

The filling:

2 ripe avocados
5Tb cocoa powder
4Tb agave nectar
2Tb coconut oil
a splash of almond milk




Directions:

1. Wake up in the morning and soak the almonds and dates.  By the evening they should be soft.  Put the almonds, dates and banana into a food processor and process until it's a clump.  Spread on to a pie pan.
 2. Scoop the avocados into a food processor along with the cocoa powder, agave, coconut oil and almond milk.  Blend until smooth.  Spread it out evenly onto the crust and freeze it for 30 minutes before serving.

optional: serve it with strawberries and bananas on top! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment